Important Customer Alert
We want to make you aware of reported unethical activity in your area. In some cases, the actions may have been unlawful. Including:
- Door-to-door sales representatives claiming your CPI Security System is Wi-Fi-based and will become inoperable if your internet goes out. This is false. CPI Security Systems support dual-path communications using both cellular-based and internet-based communications to provide consistent and reliable alarm communications and remote access. Internet connectivity is not required as the system can function as a cellular-only solution as well.
- Door-to-door sales representatives from other security providers claiming they are there to perform a necessary update to your CPI panel with the intent to replace your system with theirs.
- They may claim your CPI system is out of date and will no longer support current and emerging cellular connections.
- Misrepresenting security systems at “no cost”, when actual costs can be in the thousands, while failing to clearly disclose terms and conditions associated with their agreement.
- Failing to disclose a “hard credit pull” necessary to secure equipment financing, which can negatively impact your credit score.
Buyer beware! In many cases, these salespeople are hired as temporary contract employees, are trained quickly, and are highly compensated to bring on as many new customers as they can by any means necessary. These individuals have one goal – switch your CPI service to theirs, regardless of the consequences to you or your family. This activity is unethical and may be fraudulent.
There are several ways you can protect yourself from falling victim to this deceptive behavior.
Our priority is and always has been to protect you and your family.
CPI Security has been fighting against bad actors in the security industry for decades.
In February, CPI Security won a significant lawsuit against competitor Vivint Smart Home for using deceptive door-to-door sales practices to mislead and confuse CPI customers, so that Vivint could take over their alarm systems.
“We believe for at least 15 years, Vivint has been taking advantage of vulnerable people across the country through deceptive, misleading, and flat-out false practices. I hope today’s verdict will stop their deception for good,” CEO and Founder of CPI Security Ken Gill said after the verdict.
You can read more about how CPI fought for thousands of consumers who were taken advantage of by Vivint, here.
If you are concerned about the representations anyone made about. CPI or your security system, please contact us immediately.
At CPI Security, it is our privilege to protect your home and family while striving to make our communities safer by providing the most innovative products in the industry.
Thank you for trusting in us.